The primary responsibility of the Executive is to support the business with deal delivery, pipeline development and the conversion of new opportunities to mandates.
Reporting directly to our Directors, the Executive will work amongst a team of fellow Executives, Assistant Managers and Managers in a busy and challenging environment, allowing them to quickly develop their corporate finance skills. The Executive will work on a broad mix of company sales and acquisitions as well as equity and debt fundraises.
Our Executives have little prior experience in corporate finance but are selected for their enthusiasm to learn and positive attitude towards driving both deals and the business forward.
This is an ideal opportunity for a qualified accounting professional who is seeking an exciting and fresh opportunity. Our values are at the heart of everything we do, so we're looking for people who also believe in these values to achieve success for our clients.
The following role responsibilities are not an exhaustive list, but are typical:
• Assist in preparing businesses for market, including:
- Populating of virtual data rooms;
- Reviewing and building (when required) financial models;
- Drafting information memorandums and funding proposals, creating informative and insightful documents, and;
- Building buyers' and investors' lists from our records and wider research.
• Support the active marketing of opportunities, including making cold approaches (emails and telephone calls) to potential buyers and investors.
• Manage deal administration such as document distribution, confidentiality agreements, information recovery and data room access.
• Manage due diligence processes, liaising with buyer and investor due diligence teams to ensure timely and organised provision of information on behalf of clients.
• Prepare company valuations.
• Formulate enterprise to equity value bridges, support working capital normalisation and net debt negotiations with detailed analysis.
• Draft completions funds flow statements and manage inputs from contributing parties.
• Support deal management, having direct and frequent contact with clients and their finance teams.
In addition to deal delivery, you will be expected to support the team in winning work which may include:
• Assisting with the preparation and delivery of pitches and proposals to potential new clients.
• Undertaking research to identify new prospects for the business to target, while suggesting innovative contact and communication strategies.
• Supporting the team's relationships with key referral partners by being active at networking events and building relationships with peers across the industry.
• Accounting knowledge and experience, gained in practice.
• Ability to work closely with clients to foster relationships and provide commercial and professional advice, being seen as a trusted advisor.
• Demonstrates strong organisational skills across a range of time-critical assignments.
• Excellent business analytical skills, report writing and financial analysis.
• High levels of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• High level of pride in the quality of output.
• Demonstrates sound judgement, professional curiosity, and initiative.
• Works ethically, respecting risk management and compliance.
• Professional qualification ACA/ACCA (or equivalent).
• A minimum of 3 years’ professional experience.
• Competitive base salary (£50,000 per annum reviewed each March).
• Bonus scheme (up to 10% of salary and uncapped profit share).
• Equity incentive (EMI scheme).
If you would you to apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com (or use the button below). Please use 'M&A Executive Application' in the email subject.